Wedding info

Monday, January 23, 2012

Sewing

For Christmas, Mikey gave me a sewing machine.  It's a Brother LX2500 and I know how to use 6 out of the 17 stitches (them is fancy). 

So far, I've learned how to make pillowcases.  Don't laugh!  No one taught me how to use this thing, I just followed the quick handbook that came with the sewing machine.  Pillowcases were my test run.  Here is my ultimate goal for sewing...

Eventually, I want to be able to make this ^.  But so far, this is what I can actually make...




TA-DA!



The fabric is cute, right?  It was an old fitted sheet I found at Thrift Town.


I didn't have a pattern so I just folded a small scrap of the fabric until I figured out how to cut and sew it together.  There was a lot of trial and error.

I also made some Euro sized pillowcases...


The fabric is also a repurposed bed sheet from Thrift Town.


There's no zippers or buttons on any of the pillows.


My next project is to alter some shorts and tshirts.


Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment