Wedding info

Monday, January 16, 2012

Red & Gold



I'm no fairweather fan.  I don't just wear my vintage Niner stuff because their winning.  I wear it because their vintage stuff looks cool....and I grew up loving the Niners because my family loves the Niners.  This is one of those conventional things instilled upon me that I didn't oppose. The religion I grew up with didn't stick, but my teams did.  Giants and the Niners, baby!

I have so many memories growing up and a Niner game is the background.  Empty, tumble weed type streets in Hercules because a Niner game was on.  No way you were leaving the house on a game day.  Playing outside with my cousins, riding bikes in the backyard, and hearing hooting and hollering from the upstairs bedroom window.  My mom was watching the game.  That's my childhood.  Joe Montana, Steve Young, Jerry Rice.  I didn't have to Google those names to know they were Niners.  I'm sure I missed a lot of very important players from those legendary years, but you get the picture.  I don't even know anything about sports, and these are household names to me. 

Win or lose, I love them.  I loved them last Saturday before they won (uhhh-ma-zing game, by the way).  I'll love them this Sunday before they play.  And I'll love them after, no matter what happens. 






let's make it an exciting one,
jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment