Wedding info

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The only bridal show we will ever go to

On 4.20 we went to Casa Real to check out their bridal show, something Amore. If you don't know what a bridal show is, it's just a place for wedding vendors to show you their stuff.  We were hoping to find an officiant, a cake, and a florist at this bridal show.

We walk in, grab our champagne, and started eating everything in sight.



I think we tried every cake vendors' cakes, and each vendor had 3 different samples.  That was a lot of cake.  My cake fix was definitely fulfilled.  But do we have a cake yet?

I had my eye on a cake by Jen's Cakes.  We're following up with a tasting at their bakery this Saturday.

They also had a few of the snack upgrades you could get at Casa Real. 

Mexican Hot Chocolate and Churro.  Lounge set up by Nicole Ha (which I also <3, but way out of budget).


Mikey's favorite was the chips and mini hamburger sliders.

I was sure flowers was where I would be minimal on the budget, but it's looking like I might just take what my Mom has already offered me for the flowers and blow it all on Nicole Ha's vision of a wedding. 


Her set up totally sold me...

It was a shabby chic/romantic themed table setting.


Oh and how I loved this bouquet!

I spoke with her for a second and she seemed super nice, professional, and very accommodating to any budget.  And surprisingly straight forward.  When I asked other vendors how much things cost, other vendors would give me the sale talk, and dress up a simple answer with a, "it starts here (insert a ridiculously high price), and goes up or down, depending on what you want."  I asked how much a ceiling arrangement was that she did and Nicole Ha straight up told me how much it was.  I thought that was pretty cool of her.  I followed up the other day and made a consultation appointment with her.  I'm pretty excited about it.


We did meet with the officiant there, but unfortunately, he was already booked for August 19th.  Not so unfortunately though, I thought he was kinda...creepy?  =) Mikey thinks I'm crazy picky, but I don't want to stand up there on my wedding day suppressing the giggles.


-Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment