Wedding info

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Harry Potter and the Puppet Presidents and Going Off On a Tangent

Voldemort's chosen Minister of Magic could be paralleled to today's Presidents
In the last Harry Potter, the appointed Minister of Magic to Voldermort's new regime was just a person who could be controlled by Voldemort.  He didn't make any important decisions.  He was just a puppet.  Just like today's presidents.  It doesn't matter who is elected, we know that a president cannot pass anything without the support of the House or Senate.  And who controls the House and Senate?  Ideally, House and Senate reps are elected by the people.  This is what a democracy is.  But we know that there are a few people who run, that we know close to nothing about, except for their party affiliations and campaign budgets.  And what matter is a party affiliation when a vote is willingly sold and is usually bought by lobbyists, who are funded by big, rich, corporations.  Is it a wonder that more and more legislation is being passed to protect low taxes on big corporations, lower taxes for the individually wealthy, and laws that enforce the wishes of such ridiculous corporations like Monsanto.

I once heard that more and more young voters do not see the point in voting.  Do we really wonder why with the message being - it does not matter who you vote for or what you believe in, but how much money you can throw at people to get them to do what you want?

And sadly, we are a generation of people who really believe this is as good as it's going to be, that it doesn't matter how much we do, or how much we care, but this is the world as we know it.

Why can't we want more?  I want more.  I want equal rights for everyone, equal tax for everyone, less outsourcing and more manufacturing here in America.  I want profits to be smaller and everyone to be paid what they deserve.  I want more money for education, and I want everyone to believe that an education is important.  I want an honest reason that we are going to war, an honest reason we are at war.  I want people to eat healthier.  I want people to be happier with their lives.  Oh and I want an end to lobbying.

Forget what you know about the government and money and imagine an improved world.  I'm starting with this blog here.  I may not do a lot to improve the world around me, but at least I'm saying it.  And hopefully, you're reading it.  And you'll want more fairness in the world, not more money, and you'll ask for more.  And maybe if more of us ask for more and not just more money, politicians will give us more.  And maybe I did something to help improve the world by reaching you.


Best,
Jenny



No comments:

Post a Comment